From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speech to Text

I am looking for a simple speech to text vi using microsoft voice recognition engine? Can anyone help?
 I have been working with MSAgent but have had difficulty building a speech to text program.  I would like to simply output the recognized speech to a string. Any ideas?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(7,788 Views)
Hello,

We actually have an example on the NI website that uses Microsoft Agent through ActiveX. You can find it here:

It has two examples: one for MSAgent and the other for Dragon Naturally Speaking. Also, you may want to take a look at this thread:

http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=170&message.id=89076&requireLogin=False

Hope this helps!

Charlie S.

Visit ni.com/gettingstarted for step-by-step help in setting up your system
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(7,773 Views)

Thank you for the reply.

I have had some success using those VI's, however I am having difficulty displaying the voice input as a text string.  I would like to simply display the speech that is sent into a microphone.  Is this possible without specifying voice commands?  The voice command VI compares what is recieved by the microphone to the voice command menu, I would like to just display what is recieved by the microphone.  ie.) A simple speech to text program.  Any ideas?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(7,759 Views)
Hello,

I'm not sure that MSAgent is actually capable of doing this directly. From what I've read online, MSAgent is limited to just that: command input. I did a search for this and found the following post from Microsoft's MSAgent newsgroup:

According to this, you'll have to program SAPI directly. Unfortunately, I have no experience in using this particular ActiveX interface, and it sounds rather complicated. Perhaps someone out there has?
Charlie S.

Visit ni.com/gettingstarted for step-by-step help in setting up your system
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(7,737 Views)

Thank you for the help. 

-J

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(7,734 Views)

Hello, Can you please provide me some information about speech to text conversion using DAQ..

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(4,644 Views)

@RupaArasavilli wrote:

Hello, Can you please provide me some information about speech to text conversion using DAQ..

You replied to a 11 years old post, and the OP was not logged in since that time.

Anyway, your question comes up time by time in the forum. The answer is that, if you want to do this as a student project, forget it 🙂 Speech recognition is far not a trivial task. So if you want to code it from scratch, it will take many people and a few years 🙂 Have a look at such products from Google, Apple and Amazon, took some time to come up with a not really 100%  working solution...

However, if you find some third party SDK which can do speech to text, you could call it from LabVIEW. But at this point this is not really a LabVIEW question any more...

Actually did you google for these keywords? Just one link: https://lavag.org/topic/16121-speech-to-text-conversionspeech-recognition-using-labview/

Message 7 of 7
(4,637 Views)