From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spectral histogram of adc output

Solved!
Go to solution

G'day all

I have a LabVIEW task that I'm confident would have been dealt with before (many times). However, not for the life of me can I find a documented solution. It involves the display of a spectrum of channel hits from an ADC on a histogram (no, not the statistical flavour - the science spectral version).

I have a loop from the 8k ADC DAQ front end that (for the sake of this example) gives me the amplitude of an incoming pulse (a value between 0 and 8191). As part of that loop I'd like a real time 'live' spectrum of the accumulative number of hits per ADC channel.

I can think of ways using a 8k array and incrementing the bins manually but how to get the array data persistent in the loop... and actually display it.

If I have to invent my own wheel to solve this then that's OK but I'm sure like most of my coding brethren, I'd prefer to use somebody else's Smiley Wink

Cheers
Steve

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,627 Views)
Solution
Accepted by steve_vmwx

Look at this example of a Histogram. Is that similar to what you need?

Richard

Message 2 of 3
(2,600 Views)

Thanks Broken. A round enough "wheel" to get me where I wanted.

Much appreciated

S

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,582 Views)