From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spectral Measurements VI - problem with scales

Hi.

I am generating a chirp signal using MathScript node and plotting it's PSD. Then I am passing the signal to DAQ (X Series) acquiring it on an analog input and plotting its PSD again. Both times I am using the same "Spectral Mesurements" VI to calculate the PSD. I am not using any windows or averaging and both results are in dB. I am also plotting the time domain signals. As expected, the time domain signals look exactly the same, and the PSD looks the same except for the Y scale. So, I am trying to understand where the difference in the Y scale is comming from.

I am attaching the screenshot and the VI

Thanks a lot for any help.

PSDs.png 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,211 Views)

I took a look at your attached VI, one suggestion I have for you is to wire the "Stimulus" to a Convert From Dynamic Data VI before wiring it to the Signals input of the Spectral Measurments 3 express VI. Just to see if data type has any effect on the PSD of the signals.

-Jake B.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,187 Views)

Thank you, I will try that.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,165 Views)