cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spectogram similar to "Baudline" within LabView

Solved!
Go to solution

Hey folks,

I was wondering if LabView has a similar diagram to the spectogram diagram of the baudline Software (see attachment).

I tried it with the waterfall diagram but thats not really working for me. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,157 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author meeeeeeeeeee

Hi mee,

welcome to the forum!

Yes, LabVIEW has what you need:

- For the spectogram you can use an intensity graph. This one also supports cursors, which can be used to pick the "time of interest" as shown in your image.

- To present the single FFT in the lower part of your picture you use a waveform graph…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 2 of 5
(3,141 Views)

@GerdW wrote:

Hi mee,

welcome to the forum!

Yes, LabVIEW has what you need:

- For the spectogram you can use an intensity graph. This one also supports cursors, which can be used to pick the "time of interest" as shown in your image.

- To present the single FFT in the lower part of your picture you use a waveform graph…

That is not a static intensity graph it is a "waterfall" display taht scrolls vertically.

Can an intensity graph scroll vertically like the "waterfall" in Baudline and SDR applications?

SDR# waterfall 

Baudline waterfall

========================
=== Engineer Ambiguously ===
========================
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,111 Views)

Hey,

thanks for the quick responses. Yes what I'm looking for should display the "history" like in a waterfall graph (see picture from RTSLVU).

Isn't that possible with the intensity graph? Sorry I'm quite new to Labview and it's on my work computer so I couldn't validate the answer yet (today was home office ;-)).

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,099 Views)

Hi RTSVLU and me,

an intensity graph just shows the content of the 2D array data wired to it (THINK DATAFLOW!): when you want to scroll vertically all you need to do is add columns instead of rows. Or use TransposeArray…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 5 of 5
(3,060 Views)