LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Specify default destination directory

II've created an installer using LabVIEW 8.5.1. When the user runs my installation it always sets the default installation path to be under c:\program files. I would like to be able to specify another default installation path. How do I do this in 8.5? Thanks!
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(4,282 Views)

Hope this thread will solve your problem.

Post back if you have more queries.

Thanks,

Mathan

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(4,276 Views)

Hi Jim,

You are going to need to change the Source Files Destination in the Installer Properties. LabVIEW built installers default to Program Files unless you manually change the settings here. KnowledgeBase 292B1BB5 Installing Support File in the Same Directory as a LabVIEW Executable and Developer Zone Distributing Applications with the LabVIEW Application Builder.

Joshua B.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(4,240 Views)

Hi, I think I am having the same problem as Jim. I read the three links and was not able to find the answer I am looking for. In installer properties, source files category under the [program files folder] there appears another folder with the name of my application and the folder icon has a red check on it. This folder cannot be deleted or moved. I would like to move this folder under the [Windows Volume] folder.

Also, I feel that if I could change this then when I actually run the installer, the default installation directory would be C:\Application Name instead of C:\Program Files\Application Name.

I know that I can move all my files under the [Windows Volume] folder in the source files category. But I still cannot change what the installer thinks is the default installation directory.

Thanks,

Glen

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(4,227 Views)
Found it!!! Right click..set as default. Then the folder under program files can be deleted.
Message 5 of 7
(4,226 Views)

I have same question, trying to not use "Program File\Project Name" but use some path I pre-determine automatically. That means the user doesn't need to select new folder path for destination. I still don't know how. Can you help? Thank you so much.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,428 Views)
-During creation of installer in Destinations Page (Installer Properties Dialog Box): You can select one of the parent folder to set the tree structure and you can Add destination and select Set as default installation directory
-You can get more info on the options :https://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/371361L-01/lvdialog/destinations_install_page/
Thanks
uday
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,412 Views)