From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Specify Path on Diagram Causes LV to Freeze

Solved!
Go to solution

With option unchecked, it works fine.  With option checked and exact same path wired in from a path constant, LV freezes.

Using LV 2010 SP1

TIA,

Bill F

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,346 Views)

@bfarley wrote:

With option unchecked, it works fine.  With option checked and exact same path wired in from a path constant, LV freezes.

Using LV 2010 SP1

TIA,

Bill F

I don't understand what you mean by options checked/unchecked.  This is a vague description of your problem.  Please clarify and attach your code at least.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reese, (former CLAD, future CLD)

Some people call me the Space Cowboy!
Some call me the gangster of love.
Some people call me MoReese!
...I'm right here baby, right here, right here, right here at home
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,329 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author bfarley

Sorry.  I should have mentioned it was an option on the Call Library Function config dialog.  I ran across this in the Help:

• Run in UI thread—Specifies the Call Library Function Node execution must switch from the current thread to the user interface thread. Execution in the UI thread of a LabVIEW-built shared library that is dynamically loaded using Specify path on diagram causes LabVIEW to hang.

Note  All calls to LabVIEW-built shared libraries should specify Run in any thread. If you configure the Call Library Function Node using LabVIEW-built shared libraries and specify Run in UI thread, LabVIEW might hang and require you to restart.

Changing to "Run in any thread" looks loke it fixed the problem.  Hey NI..one would think that if you check "Specify path on diagram"  that the "Run in UI thread" option wuld be disabled?

Bill F

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,316 Views)