LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Space between Y axis labels on XY Graph

Solved!
Go to solution

So I was wondering if anyone might be able to tell me why (and possibly how to fix it) there is a space between two of my Y axis labels on the XY graph?  I believe I've checked all the formatting parameters in the drop down menus and all axis' are configured the same.  Programatically, I'm only using the visible property node on each axis.  Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(2,266 Views)

I can create space between two Y axis, if the inner Y axis label has multiple lines.

Can you check if your label has any carrige return or line feed characters in it?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11
(2,239 Views)

No returns in the lines.  Actually the label used is from a pulldown menu so I used the same name in the menu to plot all 6 axis to rule grammar issues out.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(2,213 Views)

Save that graph in a separate VI (2017) and share with the class.

Redhawk
Test Engineer at Moog Inc.

Saying "Thanks that fixed it" or "Thanks that answers my question" and not giving a Kudo or Marked Solution, is like telling your waiter they did a great job and not leaving a tip. Please, tip your waiters.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(2,200 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(2,193 Views)

That appears to have been saved in 2018.

Redhawk

Saying "Thanks that fixed it" or "Thanks that answers my question" and not giving a Kudo or Marked Solution, is like telling your waiter they did a great job and not leaving a tip. Please, tip your waiters.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(2,190 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(2,183 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Wayne_CSE

As for how the space got there, I'm honestly drawing a blank. Tried a bunch of stuff to reproduce it on a new graph and couldn't. Silver controls and indicators have acted weird for me before, so who knows (probably at least one Knight of NI).

As for how to make it go away, hover over each of the y axes to the right of the space and right click -> Delete Scale. Then hover over the y axis that remains and right click -> Duplicate Scale twice. Then you can go about making things look nice and pairing axes with plots and such.

Redhawk

Message 8 of 11
(2,176 Views)

So I started swapping axis around and it would just move the space to a different spot (very strange).  I ended up right clicking on the graph and choosing Advanced --> Reset Scale Layout.  It moved all 6 plots to the left side (just like swapping) but this time it removed the space? I swapped the 3 axis back and now the space is gone. Woohoo. Thanks for the help.

Wayne_CSE_0-1594671257911.png

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(2,156 Views)

Hi Wayne,

@Wayne_CSE wrote:

I ended up right clicking on the graph and choosing Advanced --> Reset Scale Layout.  It moved all 6 plots to the left side (just like swapping) but this time it removed the space? I swapped the 3 axis back and now the space is gone.

That's a problem of the graph indicators (IMHO): after customizing/editing them a lot (like creating and editing 6 Y axes) they tend to go insane. Sometimes it only helps to recreate the graph completely. This time it already helped to reset the scale layout…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 10 of 11
(2,074 Views)