LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sound card configuration not appropriated?

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I work about the 3 h tutorial of NI and reached page 50 of the dokumnet. exercise 3.2. Variant C.

Does anyone know how I can find the reason for the problem and the solution, having the following error:

error 4803 bei Audioaufnahme->Daten.vi  (sound acquisition)

possible reasons::
LabVIEW:  (Hex 0x12C3) Die angegebene Konfiguration eignet sich nicht für den Treiber oder die Karte für Audiodaten.  Stellen Sie sicher, dass sich die eingegebenen Parameter innerhalb des unterstützten Bereichs für die Hardware und Treiber befinden.

(LabVIEW:  (Hex 0x12C3) = The given configuration is not appropriated for the driver or the card for audio data. Make sure that the entered parameter are within the supported range of the hardware and drivers.)

I downloaded Labview 2012 (about 1 Gb file) of National Instruments -website. May the drivers be absent??

Grüße

Thommy7571

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(4,821 Views)

If the settings made in the Express VI aren't compatible with the hardware (sound device) in the machine then this error shows up.

Can you share the configuration/settings you've made in the express VI...??

It should look very similar to below picture.

Acquire Sound

Also: For Windows, you must have DirectX 8.0 or later to use this VI and for Linux you must have the Open Sound System (OSS) driver to use this VI.

I am not allergic to Kudos, in fact I love Kudos.

Make your LabVIEW experience more CONVENIENT.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(4,813 Views)

Hello,

below I added the screenshot. There are two channels but I chose channel 1 for the VI.

The settings should correspond to what is written in the tutorial.

Any other idea?

Thommy7571

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(4,799 Views)

Hello,

I forgot to add, that I use Windows XP, DirectX 9c.

Thanks

Thommy7571

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(4,797 Views)

Hey,

i found this Knowledgebaseentry below:

Error 4803 occurred at Sound Output Configure.vi

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/937919AB85FC4AEC8625734B00418F2C?OpenDocument

Maybe this helps.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(4,761 Views)

Hello,

because this problem does only occur in this way on my private computer (it is worse on my work computer)

I needed some time to check this.

It is strange that a much more simple program (just aquire sound signal - filter - graph) does work with the same sound card without error but

another program (which includes a little bit more code) gives this error. I verified that the configuration of the component of the simple

program is identical with that of the othe program. I could find no difference.

I see the following possibilities:

Take the simple program as a basis or

add the rest once more, post the whole program (exercise 3.3 (I think) of 3 hours introduction in lab view as an image on this web site.

But it does not seem to be a programming error: The error relates clearly to a sound card driver - graph - configuration problem so this is strange...

Sincerely

Thommy7571

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(4,742 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Thommy7571

Hello,

finally I found the reason. The numeric display connected to the sound card acquisition component caused this array.

Is it because it is zero or because the double format makes no sense for a sampling rate?

It should be able to prevent this error by first ssetting the number and then start the application.

I never saw any integer format except in for loops... Can I change the format?

Thanks

Thommy7571

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(4,731 Views)