LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sound and visualization LED

Hello.

At first, I just want to note, that I'm quite new in LabView.

I have a program that gets audio from a microphone (default, I want to make it on opened sound) and I want to get the highest frequency of the amplitude to make the rhythm of what I say (default, the rhythm of the sound) lighting leds.

At the moment I have something like this:

Untitled.png

That one line where is error is written:
"You have connected two terminals of diffrent types"

I would like to get something like this, but I want to connect 6 leds and if higher frequency then more leds shining:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N2QjW3abHTw

Do I need to have some additional toolkit?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,467 Views)

Right click on the greater than and change the comparison mode to compare aggregates to fix the different types error. I'm not really sure what you're trying to acomplish though so I don't know that this will solve your problems.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,436 Views)

I want to turn on led when I say something but quietly or when I play music and turn on one led when are low frequencies. If the freqency increases more leds are turned on. Something like audio meter.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,429 Views)

on.jpgsee this and check result

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,418 Views)

Dear wacolina,

This is a nice start, but please note, that this will lit the LED just in case, that the acquired signal will be greater in level that some threshold (1). This will not have anything to do with low frequency or high frequency sounds. For that you will need to make some signal processing: e.g. apply low pass filtration to the acquired signal first, and then make some comparison of the level with some threshold (maybe in more sophisticated way - like e.g. compare the RMS of the signal with a threshold). Also note, that you will see changes in the LED just after the while loop gets to next iteration - so if you read more samples from sound card at once, you will be able to react slower - because you need to process them all. You can think also about some producer consumer architecture, and in the consumer loop you can cut the acquired chunk of samples to smaller pieces and them process them separately.

Just some ideas, but I think you are on a good way. Also, if you are new in LabVIEW you can look here: http://www.learnni.com/

B/R

Jozef Lipták
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,377 Views)