LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sound and Vibration pallet is only for ...

Hi,

I installed Labview on my system and I saw Sound and vibration Pallet. Now, I am working with 4610 accelerometer through USB 6008 and analyzing the Voltage levels in labview. I have a doubt that the sound and vibration pallet is only for when using NI sound and vibration kit or can I use those options in this project.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 25
(3,269 Views)

The sound and vibration measurement suite is an analysis measurement suite.  It will work with sensory data collected from most data acquisition devices, given the sensors are properly excited, filtered, and otherwise conditioned. 

Preston Johnson
Solutions Manager, Industrial IoT: Condition Monitoring and Predictive Analytics
cbt
512 431 2371
preston.johnson@cbtechinc
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 25
(3,268 Views)

Now I am using 4610 accelerometer through USB 6008. I am getting voltage levels from accelerometer rather than acceleration levels. On the other side, I have connected my pump(Serial) which has problem with stroke(SEE attachment). After seeing the sensor data from DAQ, I should have to adjust the stroke without noise by writing it a value and if not again sense and adjust. As far as, I just read the sensor signal from DAQ and I did not know how to proceed. Can someone help me with any idea to do this process until it adjusted.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 25
(3,264 Views)

you need to scale from voltage to G.  There is a scale to engineering units VI in the Sound and Measurement Suite LabVIEW tools. 

Your attachment was not there from your previous post. 

Who makes the 4410 accelerometer?

Preston Johnson
Solutions Manager, Industrial IoT: Condition Monitoring and Predictive Analytics
cbt
512 431 2371
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 25
(3,255 Views)

Here is my schematic and work process. I don't have any NI sound and vibration tool kit. I am using external sensors. I am using 4610 accelerometer sensor.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 25
(3,254 Views)

if this is your accelerometer, http://www.meas-spec.com/downloads/4610_Accelerometer.pdf, it needs IEPE power.  Are you connected to the excitation +/- with an IEPE power source?

Preston Johnson
cbt
512 431 2371
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 25
(3,251 Views)

I have everything working and I am reading data into labview also. I am just wondering about programming in such way that my system should work. I am reading data through 6008 and it is in the voltage level of -1 to 2 volts. How can I adjust the serial device after getting data from 6008. It should run everytime until the serial device get fixed. May be my explanation is not good. If you have any questions you can see my previous thread here http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/is-it-possible-in-Labview-Suggest-me/m-p/1694712#M600884 or let me know.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 25
(3,245 Views)

in a loop - capture a waveform (4096 points for example) from your accelerometer - analyze it, and then output a serial command with the adjustment based on your analysis. 

repeat the loop until some measurement is met - the serial device is stable, for example. 

Preston

Preston Johnson
cbt
512 431 2371
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 25
(3,235 Views)

Yes, Until it get fixed. I am just new to LABView and don't have any idea to start. I just use the DAQ assistance and displays the waveform now.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 25
(3,233 Views)

IS there any example available in LABview to make my application. Please provide me some examples.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 25
(3,226 Views)