From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sound and Vibration 3.1 to 4.0 changelog?

Goodmorning everybody,

We currently have Sound and Vibration 3.1 in our collection, and we are wondering what changes have been made since the release of version 4.0? If someone could say the most important changes since 3.1 that would be very mutch appreciated. We are currently using Labview 7.1.

Regards,

Tristan
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,394 Views)
Hi Tristan,

Sound and Vibration 4.0 have S&V express VI which were not in 3.1.
In Calibration Menu they added Calibration (Daqmx)
Limit testing also has a new Vi called Limit test
Weighting has new Weighting (arbitary Ratio)
There is also a new Vi i n Vibration level which performs several vibration measurements for single of N channels which was not there in 3.1
Octave analysis has couple of new Vi which I think is the coolest part.
They added  couple of Vi's in Frequency Analysis like power spectrum, frequency response, peak search power in band, limit test which are pretty useful in my case and all other are also retained in F A.
In Transient Analysis they added Shock response spectrum.vi which I have to try, I am building a vi to monitor shock response from sonic boom so I will test that VI soon to see how that works.
They changed the Swept Sine to two different parts one for traditional DAQ and one for DAQmx to use with the previous versions of LV 6.1. Its nice for people using SV 4.0 on LV 6.1
They added a SVT signal to noise ratio withour Harmonics in Distortion.

So these are the key changes from 3.1 to 4.0
I have to still upgrade my PXI with the new sound and vibration 4.0 and I have 4.0 on my PC and it was also nice to compare the both version because of your question. Even I was wondering what changes did NI exactly made in SV 4.0

I hope this gives u a rough idea, and helps u decide whether to go for 4.0 or retain 3.1

Regards

Nitin
Message 2 of 3
(2,389 Views)
Thanks alot for anwsering my question. I will most certainly recommend SV4 to my traineeship company. 
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,378 Views)