LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sound Card MIDI Synthesizer Control

I am designing a biofeedback system using LV7.1.  I want to do feedback using audio tones on 4 stereo sounds.  I really like the tones that I can generate using the MIDI synthesizer built into my sound blaster card.  I am having one problem in that I want to control the left or right volume of the individual midi note in real time based on the feedback. 

The way to do this is a standard midi change control command decimal 10 or hex 0A.  It is called the left – right pan.  Somebody already wrote a bunch of midi VI’s that I downloaded that use call library functions to the winmm.dll.  I looked for midi volume commands in that dll.  I found the midiSetVolume command and wrote a call library function but that changed the sound volume on the entire left or right channel and what I want is to change the volume of an individual midi note.

I can effectively change the sound volume of an individual midi note using the midiOutShortMsg and changing the velocity but the sound volume of both left and right channels are changed equally.  I could not find a midi change control command in the winmm.dll and that is what I need.

I am guessing that my soundblaster card is capable of accepting change control commands for left- right panning if there was a dll written to do it.  I think that one way tremolo can be done is with left- right panning .  I do not know a lot about dll files but there must be a dll file associated with my soundblaster card that can allow change control commands for left- right panning.  If anyone can tell me anything that could be helpful please let me know.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,588 Views)
Ken-

In order to get independent control of your channels through the driver, you will probably have to call into one of the Creative driver DLL's. I am not sure which one, or if the functionality is even exposed. You may want to do some more investigation into the Creative API or perhaps there is someone on the forum with some experience with it. Sorry I couldnt be of more help.

Xaq
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,570 Views)