From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sort a listbox, table or multicolumn listbox by values in a column?

I am new to LabVIEW and have searched for the answer. SOmetimes a newdie doesn't know exactly what to search for though and just spins their wheels.

I see some very old answers to this question like this one here.

Is there any built in way to sort any of the array list display indicators by column values?

I am sure I could determine the column clicked on, sort the array by that column and replace the data in the list. Just making sure there wasn't a "baked in" way of doing this.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(1,436 Views)
I haven't used this, but you might want to take a look at the DataGrid Package

https://www.vipm.io/package/mike_king_lib_labview_datagridview/
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(1,427 Views)

Hmmm... VIPM. New to me. I am downloading and installing now. Nice.

I'll try the datagrid out. Thanks.

**EDIT**

VIPM says that package is not compatible with my version of LabVIEW. I have LV 2020.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(1,420 Views)
I just installed in LV 2020 without problem. Are you using a recent version of VIPM? (I'm using VIPM 2020.1).
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(1,401 Views)

Are you looking for something like this?

"If you weren't supposed to push it, it wouldn't be a button."
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(1,371 Views)

For some reason LVPM was not listing any packages when I searched. This even though I created an account and verified and logged in. This morning it is. I had no idea there was an exchange of code! That's really awesome.

Now, how to learn how to use DataGrid. At github many package providers supply typical usage patterns in a help file or on their main page to get you started with the common tass you might use their package for. Is there a place I should be looking for that kind of info with LVPM packages?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(1,362 Views)
I saw mention of examples, but I could not find where they are located. Maybe if you contact Mike_king (the creator of the package) he can help you out...
I just started playing with some of the functions, they go under "Add-ons" if you are browsing the functions palette, and I could make some tables (I mean datagrids).
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(1,350 Views)