LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sort a listbox, table or multicolumn listbox by values in a column?

I am new to LabVIEW and have searched for the answer. SOmetimes a newdie doesn't know exactly what to search for though and just spins their wheels.

I see some very old answers to this question like this one here.

Is there any built in way to sort any of the array list display indicators by column values?

I am sure I could determine the column clicked on, sort the array by that column and replace the data in the list. Just making sure there wasn't a "baked in" way of doing this.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(1,406 Views)
I haven't used this, but you might want to take a look at the DataGrid Package

https://www.vipm.io/package/mike_king_lib_labview_datagridview/
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(1,397 Views)

Hmmm... VIPM. New to me. I am downloading and installing now. Nice.

I'll try the datagrid out. Thanks.

**EDIT**

VIPM says that package is not compatible with my version of LabVIEW. I have LV 2020.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(1,390 Views)
I just installed in LV 2020 without problem. Are you using a recent version of VIPM? (I'm using VIPM 2020.1).
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(1,371 Views)

Are you looking for something like this?

"If you weren't supposed to push it, it wouldn't be a button."
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(1,341 Views)

For some reason LVPM was not listing any packages when I searched. This even though I created an account and verified and logged in. This morning it is. I had no idea there was an exchange of code! That's really awesome.

Now, how to learn how to use DataGrid. At github many package providers supply typical usage patterns in a help file or on their main page to get you started with the common tass you might use their package for. Is there a place I should be looking for that kind of info with LVPM packages?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(1,332 Views)
I saw mention of examples, but I could not find where they are located. Maybe if you contact Mike_king (the creator of the package) he can help you out...
I just started playing with some of the functions, they go under "Add-ons" if you are browsing the functions palette, and I could make some tables (I mean datagrids).
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(1,320 Views)