LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Some users get forbidden error when trying to connect to remote panel

I have an application that is running LV 8.2.1 and using DSC.  The application can be viewed and controlled through a remote panel.  The issue is that certain people cannot access the webpage, even though I have not restricted it.

I have traced it down to one subnet in our factory that cannot view the panel (the panel can only be viewed internally to the company).  I can set up anyone else in the building on different subnets, and they can view it perfectly, but this one subnet cannot get access.  My IT department says that there is no special firewall or security settings on any of the subnets, and that they are all the same, just have the subnets set up to better know what part of the building the user is in (ie subnet 27 is purchasing, 28 is engineering, etc).

I have tried rebooting the computer, unplugging the ethernet cable and replugging it back in while restarting (NI said that should clear any blocked ip address from the remote server).

Has anyone else had a similar issue??
Kenny

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,099 Views)

Hi Kenny,

This is an interesting problem.  Could you try running a different VI on the malfunctioning subnet just to make sure that there isn't something odd in your code that is causing this?  I would be interested to know if you can get anything at all to function on that particular subnet.  Also, are you guys using Windows XP across the board?

Stephen S.
National Instruments
1 Test is worth 1000 expert opinions
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,075 Views)

Hi Kenny, I know its been a while since you've posted this issue. I was wondering if you ever managed to solve this as its the same problem that I am encountering at my company now. Thank you very much in advance

-Nathan

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(848 Views)