LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Some questions about the beamforming method at the receiving end (rx) with usrp

Hi. I am a undergraduate student who first used usrp and labview as a graduation project.
We are currently using usrp-2320 and usrp-x310. We are trying to make beamforming by applying the concept of phased array antenna.
I have a problem with the receiver rx.

I am trying to use x310 as a receiver and use two channels and two antennas to make each phase difference, but I do not think I can give a direct phase difference to the antenna. I'm trying to implement a time delay and I do not know how to delay it.

Also, after receiving two signals, I try to show it in polar form, but I do not know where the related palette is related to Polar Coordinates.
I also wanted to combine the two received signals when displaying polar coordinates. I tried to combine them into an array, but I do not know where to apply them.

Here are the questions:
1. How do I implement the time delay between two channels in rx? Or can I give a direct phase difference to the antenna without delay?
2. Do I have to combine the two signals to show the two received signals in polar coordinates? And what is the palette of polar coordinates?

I've been writing my own forum for about 4 weeks so I do not know what to do if I try to find information about my teammates, undergraduates, beamforming and array antennas on Google and study and apply labview.
Thank you for your consideration and I look forward to your reply. Thank you!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,201 Views)

Hello, I have some questions and it doesn't solve well.

The RX received one signal using two antennas with time delay.

As you can see, one signal appears on antenna 0 (channel 0) and antenna 1 (channel 1).

I just want to see a signal that reflects(expresses) two antennas.
To do so, I want to check if beamforming works well.

How can I manipulate it to get what I want?

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,185 Views)

Hi hoddo,

please talk to your co-student roderon - you are working on the same task, using the same base VI.

I guess you got the same homework from your teacher…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,154 Views)

Hello.
What you want is data postprocessing.
First of all, the role of USRP is acquiring data through an antenna.
Therefore, the time delay cannot be performed by hardware. You should program post-processing code in LV.

The answer for Q1 is that you can't directly vary the phase of the antenna.
You can make a phase difference by converting or adding data into the form you want. like adding dummy data in front of the data you've been receiving.

You don't need to combine both signals. You can take each signal with polar coordinates and display it. The functions associated with the polar coordinates are in block diagram> programming > numeric > complex numbers.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,123 Views)