LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Some questions about listboxes

Is it possible to have a combobox function in some of the cells in a multicoloumn listbox? I want the user to be able to change preset values in some cells, without writing the actual value.

If I use property nodes inside sub.vi's, is it possible to link those to elements on a higher level? I want to link listboxes to the sub.vi, not make all the property nodes into inputs and outputs.

I now have to click an item three times to edit it while the .vi is running, can this be changed?

Hope you understand what I mean.... Smiley Happy
-Christian

Message Edited by Christian_nor on 12-20-2005 10:02 AM

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,004 Views)

HI Christian,

I was not able to get the MultiColumn Listbox to do it, but I was able to accomplish it with a table (different property called Edit Position is exposed for a Table, but not a MCL).

I'm not sure what your use case is, but I think I was able to most of what you are looking for.

The only issue I had was exactly lining up the combo box.  I have a note as to how I think it can be done, I just don't have the time to write it now.  As it stands, the closer you click to the center of the cell, the better the alignment is...

Let me know if you have any problems.

Joel

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,965 Views)
Joel (the XXXX who cares) Andersen,

This is way off topic.

Are you back at NI?  Your name is blue and that is NI, but last I knew you were in Arizona! 

Good luck and Merry Christmas to you where ever you are!!Smiley Very Happy

Bob (formally Express) Young
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,950 Views)

HI Bob!

No I am still in AZ.  I didn't know about the blue name thing.  Maybe years of being the PSE who cares has finally paid off in the form of blue letters!  Yippie!

Happy Holidays to you!

J

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,938 Views)

I am now also looking for a solution for this problem.

Is there another different method?

Thank you anyway.

Thang Nguyen

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,745 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,742 Views)
You missunderstood my question. You can take a look at the question of Christian. It means that when you click on one cell, there will be a combo box open for your selection. You don't have to type a new value, but you can select. Like the FieldPoint IO point. Each cell can become a combo box.
I also did one which is similar with Joel A's solution, but I don't think that is a good idea.
Thank you!
Thang Nguyen
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,737 Views)