LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Some Problems When Using LaBVIEW to Call Veristand

Solved!
Go to solution

I am aiming to use LaBVIEW to do some automative test ,which needs call Veristand from LabVIEW pannels.
    First, I need a LV-model to run in Veristand, below is the code:

1.png

then I use the menu function to translate it into a LV-model(all by default settings ),see as below:

2.png

Then I got the model.

I created a virtual device PCI-6230 by MAX,and imported it in veristand,see as below:

3.png

I imported the model,

4.png

This seems a little beyond my expection ,What I want is "add1""add2""pause1""pause2"appear in "Inports",but they dropped in "parameters". I searched  Veristand Help, and find the instructions:

5.png

I suspect NI just regards the necessary inports as "Inports", otherwise they will be treated as parameters.  How can I make them as "Inports"?

Then I need to map them. I opened the mapping pannel,see as below:

6.png

This thoroughoutly puzzled me,because I can not connect the voltage value with the model's input(or parameter), the left list and the right list are not same, and something does not appear.

I want run the project ,and set the control the value 'add1' and 'add2' by MAX(set the channel value),and get the value 'addresult' by LaBVIEW.What shall I do ?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,915 Views)

You already found the solution, but did not understood that, 😛 When assigning the connector pane in LabVIEW, you can right click on the connector and select that as "required" ( This is a basic step shown in core 1 training ). Do this step before generating the model.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,884 Views)

thank you ,it really works ,thank you

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,856 Views)

Please mark it as solved.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,851 Views)
Eh,there are several questions in my description,so it is only partly solved.hia hia hia Well, why is the left lists and the right lists so different when I am mapping the signals? what principle do this appearance conforme with?
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,837 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author alii001

The Left list is source list, and the Right list is destination list. Sources are supposed to be mapped on to the destination. One source can map onto many destination, but One destination can have only one source associated with it.

Source : It is basically the data source, which is having it's own data, Ex: Analog Input, Model Output, Serial In data, file read data.... these all takes data from outside and bring inside the veristand boundary. (I'm considering that whatever computation happening inside the model is unknown to the veristand, and seems as a black box)

Destination : The generation channels Ex: Analog output, Model Input, Serial Output, File write.... These all takes out the data from veristand boundary to the outside world.

For a simple application, you may map your analog input to Model Input, then Model output to analog output. Note that, in both the case source are mapped to destination.

Note: in this list in veristand the destinations are also listed in the source list, this may look little confusing, but the fact is, the destinations can also behave like a source when it is mapped to any source. in such case, the actual source's data will be used.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,826 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author alii001

thank you, thank you, you are really a nuibility

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,817 Views)