LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solutions for Viewing VIs

Mysticfree,

First, thank you for the feedback.  My apologies for everything you have experienced. Nothing you described is what should have happened and I'm sure it has been extremely frustrating.  I've talked to the customer success team and shown them your feedback.  They are researching your experience and will be reaching out shortly.

In the meantime, feel free to send me direct messages at :eric.reffett@ni.com

In particular, if you use a different email address for purchasing software, than the one associated with this profile in the forums, please email me directly with your alternative email address so we can investigate the issues involved better.

Eric Reffett | Director, Product Management | 1.512.683.8165 | ni.com
Message 31 of 36
(746 Views)

As I was looking for something completely different I came across this repo on GitHub : https://github.com/ni/FINALE
The readme.md starts with :

FINALE is a lightweight WebApp to view LabVIEW code. FINALE stands for FINALE Is Not A LabVIEW Editor.

This solves many use cases like:

Code sharing: Sharing LabVIEW code with a person who does not have LabVIEW installed.
    Viewing LabVIEW code without launching LabVIEW.
    Viewing LabVIEW code saved in incompatible version.
    Viewing LabVIEW code that is being used with TestStand.

The latest commit is 2 years old, has this project been abandoned?

@EricReffett are you aware of this?

We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak.

Epictetus

Antoine Chalons

0 Kudos
Message 32 of 36
(581 Views)

@TiTou wrote:

As I was looking for something completely different I came across this repo on GitHub : https://github.com/ni/FINALE
The readme.md starts with :

FINALE is a lightweight WebApp to view LabVIEW code. FINALE stands for FINALE Is Not A LabVIEW Editor.

This solves many use cases like:

Code sharing: Sharing LabVIEW code with a person who does not have LabVIEW installed.
    Viewing LabVIEW code without launching LabVIEW.
    Viewing LabVIEW code saved in incompatible version.
    Viewing LabVIEW code that is being used with TestStand.

The latest commit is 2 years old, has this project been abandoned?

@EricReffett are you aware of this?

Pretty sure (95%) that will still require LabVIEW to generate the HTML.

It's a report generator (LabVIEW) with a report viewer (HTML).

It doesn't actually visualize LabVIEW code, it visualizes images generated by LabVIEW.

Prerequisites:

• LabVIEW: Required only for converting the files

'only' is a bit of an understatement here...

0 Kudos
Message 33 of 36
(573 Views)

well, yes, it's not a solution for anyone without LabVIEW to view the LabVIEW code as html.

it's a solution for anyone with LabVIEW to export their code as html so that anyone without LabVIEW can take a look.

We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak.

Epictetus

Antoine Chalons

Message 34 of 36
(557 Views)

I haven't used this tool but a similar tool was posted years ago by Vugie on LAVA. That used flash but also made a VI that you could view the source code and interact with.  For a moment we thought about looking into the ability for the LAVA forums to automatically process posted VIs, so that you could then view the VIs from any web page to see the source.  Something like that on NI's forums would also be pretty useful.  There does add complications that the server that would generate the web pages would need a whole slew of toolkits and packages installed just so the linked subVIs exist but it would be very helpful.

0 Kudos
Message 35 of 36
(492 Views)

The bin3 heap format in mostly known, the graphics can be reversed...

We just have to wait for someone brave enough to put the two together.

The diagrams wouldn't even be that hard compared to the FPs.

A little bit of help from NI would go a long way...

0 Kudos
Message 36 of 36
(438 Views)