LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solar Panel system improvement (i am very new to this)

The main purpose of this program is to simulate night and day. In the day, there is sunlight and there's no need for a light to light up the room. In the night, the solar energy that was collected in the day will power up the LED. How do I simulate charging up a capacitor with solar energy collected in the day and also simulate the capacitor discharging voltage to light up LED. I have a solar panel, led, NI myDAQ. My prog is attached.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,634 Views)

Hi noob,

How do I simulate charging up a capacitor with solar energy collected in the day and also simulate the capacitor discharging voltage to light up LED.

As an engineer you should know how to get the knowledge you need to solve a task…

General rule: a capacitor is described by C=Q/U. Q is I*t…

I have a solar panel, led, NI myDAQ. My prog is attached.

It's just a bunch of ExpressVIs… 😄

Do you want to simulate all this or do you want to monitor a real circuit?

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,592 Views)

i would want to simulate

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,580 Views)

Hi noob,

then you need to apply those simple equations given above!

C is a constant value, I is your parameter and t needs to be measured.

Q and U are results of those equations…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,577 Views)

@noobengineer wrote:

The main purpose of this program is to simulate night and day. In the day, there is sunlight and there's no need for a light to light up the room. In the night, the solar energy that was collected in the day will power up the LED. How do I simulate charging up a capacitor with solar energy collected in the day and also simulate the capacitor discharging voltage to light up LED. I have a solar panel, led, NI myDAQ. My prog is attached.

Hmm.... How long do you think a capacitor is going to provide energy once you stop charging it?  Unless it is a very large capacitor, not very long.

Consider charging a battery like a solar installation would do in the real world, and if you want to get an A make your charger maximum power point tracking.

Also it is often overlooked in solar simulations that during times like dawn and dusk when the panel is lit but not directly illuminated its voltage will be very near VOC, but available current will be very low. Your simulation needs to do that and your circuit needs to be able to withstand that high static voltage, specially in the case of series arrays.

========================
=== Engineer Ambiguously ===
========================
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,552 Views)