LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solar Inverter output Active Power(P) & Reactive Power(Q) Waveform Measurement through Yokogawa DL-950 Instrument by using LabVIEW Application

Hi,

I am currently using Yokogawa DL-950 ScopeCorder to test the solar inverter through LabVIEW development system. I have Voltage measurement module of 720268 connected with instrument, I need clarification on how to configure and measure the active power(P) and reactive power(Q) waveform of inverter output by using DL-950. I had checked the DL-950 LabVIEW driver also. but I can't find the direct function to measure active power(P) and reactive power(Q) waveform . if anyone have knowledge / working experience with Yokogawa DL-950 ScopeCorder, please give me some ideas to solve this. It will be very useful for my project to proceed further.

Thank you,

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(676 Views)

Did you have a look at the actual ScopeCorder communications manual?

Just the list of commands is 40 pages long, with the detailed section of the manual for the commands being about 200 more pages.  There's probably 1000 commands there.

The driver set for the ScopeCorder is only 68 VIs.  They aren't going to have every single command in there... just the most common ones.  The drivers aren't locked and use a standard VISA connection reference, so you can easily see what they are doing and insert your own commands in between the VIs they provide for you.

I've actually got one of these on order for a project but because it's not in yet I haven't done more then just a general glance at the driver and the manual so I can't help you specifically.

Message 2 of 3
(643 Views)

This device is a "scopecorder" not a power analyzer so it is probably not going to directly measure real power or even aperient power.

Unless you have the /G05 (Power and harmonics analysis) option, I think you are going to have to set up a "Math Operation" to calculate power from current and voltage measurements 

Having done exactly what you are attempting I can say this would be a lot easier with an actual power analyzer.

If you want to also log harvest/production having a integration option (Watthours) makes it even easier.

========================
=== Engineer Ambiguously ===
========================
Message 3 of 3
(636 Views)