LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Software-controlled VI appearance.

Hello !

Is it possible to controle VI appearance depending on paramters passed to it ? Let me be more precise : a VI is called passing an integer, reflecting a certain mode of use. In mode "0" the windows of the VI is opened and appears at the low right corner of the screen. In mode "1" it appears at the low left corner. While in mode "2" the windows does not appear at all. To my greatest shame (I am an autodidact Labview user ...) I am so far using 3 differents VIs, each saved with the required preferences. But it is not very elegant one would argue ... I would like either being able to controle the pop-up of the execution windows from within this VI or, if not possible, from the VI calling it.

Thank you very much for your help.

Nico

PS : an example code would be most welcomed as it is sometimes difficult for me to figure out what to do just reading answers using concepts I am far from mastering. Thank you again.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,370 Views)

Hi gritche

see the attachement. I use this vi to change the title or the position and size of it. Every other property is also possible.

Mike

Message 2 of 4
(2,367 Views)
Thank you very much for your prompt reply, but I have a small problem : I am currently running 8.2 version of Labview while you appear to use the 8.5 one. I am unable to open your example code for that reason. Can you save it under 8.2 format ?

Thank you !

Nico
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,346 Views)

Hi

now the 8.2 Version

Mike

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,344 Views)