From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Software-­‐based Indicator and Control

This use to measure human reaction time through software's way the system measure the reaction time by when indicator is on ,immediately user need to press stop button and it will display the time in second on block diagram (see at attachment below). The timing of the   indicator should be random so the user cannot predict when it will occur.The minimum time for the indicator to change should be approximately 2swith a maximum around 5s. My question is :

1)      Is there a way to improve the accuracy of this system (while still remaining in a software-only paradigm)?

2)      What is the resolution of your system and how fine can it be made to go? (Hint: it has something to do with the loop time and screen refresh.)

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,307 Views)

this the coding for this system.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,302 Views)

I've done a few mods to your original VI and included some benchmarking VIs that I came across some time ago.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,288 Views)

Looking at it again I think you would do better to detect the mouse down event ( or maybe a key press ? ).

The original VI doesn't register the response time until the mouse is released.

I've included a version 2 mod that does this. Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,281 Views)

Hi rahman,

My question is

Is this really your question - or is it the question of your teacher?

Please indicate homework as such...

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,262 Views)

Good call !  Smiley Very Happy

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,257 Views)