LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Softmotion module with Elmo Drive (Slave)

Hello, everyone

So, I have been working on this for some time now and is about that time, I will start pulling my hair. 

I have downloaded all Software Requirements. Ni-Industrial Communication for EtherCAT, NI-RIO, SoftMotion Module, and SDI Plug-IN from VI Package Manager (VIPM) and also, configured the Master Controller with NI-Industrial Communications and SoftMotion Module Software. I changed Ethernet Port 2 (Ethernet Adapter eth 1) to EtherCAT to connect to third party slave (Gold Tiger Servo Drive). I Uploaded EtherCAT XML file for third party slave into EtherCAT Master and Used SDI Plug-in example. ivproj to run the SDI Plug-in in the background which allows the interactive Test Panel to access the SoftMotion Axis bound to the EtherCAT drive. The Interactive Test Panel is recommended to use to test and debug the motion system.

Interactive Test Panel code errors encounter
1. Error code 77094 was encountered when forward, reverse, and home limits are off. (" Both limits inputs are currently active. Verify that your limits are properly connected and configured.")
2. Error code 8611 was encountered when forward, reverse, and home limits are on. (" The motor exceeded the programmed position error limit. Verify motor tuning parameters, feedback connections, and feedback configuration settings.")

Things that were done to fix errors
1. Reinstalled Software into cRIO controller.
2. Reloaded XML file into cRIO controller.
3. Checked all connection with Elmo Installation PDF from Elmo Motion Control.
4. Ran Elmo Application Studio to check that the Servo Drive is properly connected and functioning.
5. Reinitialized Example.ivproj and deployed all. Ran Example.vi and run Interactive Test Panel.
6. Inverted DIO using Elmo Software Configuration using Elmo Application Software

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 1
(2,232 Views)