LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SoftMotion module not detected in NI MAX

Hello everybody 🙂 

I'm writing here for the first time and hopefully I can cleary describe my problem. 

I'm working on a LabVIEW project with cRIO-9014 in Scan Mode and because of compatibility issues, I got to use LabVIEW 2018 provided on an external USB from my university. 

My problem shortly is when I try to deploy my target NI 9512 through "Interactive Test Panel" I get the error: 

"LabVIEW: (Hex 0x80DF001E) The deployment plug-in for this item cannot be found. Verify the proper software is installed". which led me to check the software in NI MAX, here I found out that the SoftMotion Module which is needed for NI 9512 is not detected in MAX although it was installed. I tried to reinstall the module but nothing has changed. 

previously on my project I used NI 9237 and it has worked. I'm mentioning it so you can know downloading the RT-modules, the other tools and the connection was done correctly. 

I hope I can get a solution and thank you in advance. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(632 Views)

NI stopped supporting SoftMotion in June of 2021 (if you do a Web search for NI SoftMotion, you can find links to NI that discuss the final releases).  That being said, LabVIEW 2018 and 2019 should work ...

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(589 Views)

Hi Bob thanks for your reply…. 

exactly! I‘m using LabVIEW 2018 and SoftMotion 2018 as well but I still have this issue. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(587 Views)