From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smoothing out waveform in LabView

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I have a program where I am sending arbitrary waveforms to a function generator.  The waveforms that I am sending were measured off of an oscilloscope and contain a little noise.  What I would like to do is somehow find a line best fit for my waveforms that are smooth, but I would still like the waveforms to have the same exact shape.  For a visual reference I would like to go from the attached picture NoisySine to the attached picture SmoothSine as best as possible using LabView.  Can someone please point me in the right direction on how to do this.  I also attached the NoisySine's csv file for reference.  Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,791 Views)

Hi lucas,

your "noisy" signal looks very clean:

check.png

Anyway: apply a low pass filter on your sine signal!

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,768 Views)

As so many Forum posters do, you failed to attach any LabVIEW code, so we cannot advise you more than say "Use a Low Pass Filter" (which GerdW already mentioned).  So you'll have to find it for yourself (use LabVIEW "Help" and search for "Filter").  Now, if we knew that you were talking about a Waveform vs a 1D Array vs a 2D Array vs a Dynamic Data Wire vs something else, we might have been a little more helpful ...

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,759 Views)
Solution
Accepted by lucasphee

I found a discussion that had what I was looking for.  Thank you though.

https://forums.ni.com/t5/Example-Programs/Waveform-Averaging-to-Remove-Noise-as-an-Alternative-to-Us...

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,710 Views)