LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smaller alternative to always including LVClass and NIReport.llb?

Hello all you helpful forum-goers!

A non-critical question today, for once.  Smiley Happy  I am using "Easy Text Report.vi" to send a text string to the default printer using the Courier font.  However, to do so I have added both LVClass and NIReport.llb folders to the "Always Included" source file property of my application build specification.  This has more than doubled the size of my application, which is less than ideal.

Does anyone have a suggestion for a simple change I can make to either not have to always include those collections, or perhaps only include a subset of them which I am actually using?  My concern with the latter idea is that if their dependencies change in the future due to a change by National Instruments, it might break my code in a subtle way (since missing those VIs is not detected at compile time, only when I actually try to use the feature) the next time I go to build the application.

I did a search on the forums for "print", but I did not see any suggestions for simple solutions other than the Report Generation Toolkit VIs.

Thank you for your time,

-Joe

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 1
(2,034 Views)