From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow loading VI and EXE

no it really was a slip on the keyboard, i meant CSV 

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 16
(696 Views)

thank you, i will look into this to see if if that is where the problem lies.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 16
(694 Views)

I can go back to the original code which is fine, but if update it with the new mods the same thing happens. I guess my confusion is the delay is PRIOR to the actual VI being executed so there is no point in looking within the VI itself. This is why i am trying to understand the entire process from the moment you double click the exe/VI, what is being loaded, referenced etc 

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 16
(692 Views)

@gadget911 wrote:

I can go back to the original code which is fine, but if update it with the new mods the same thing happens. I guess my confusion is the delay is PRIOR to the actual VI being executed so there is no point in looking within the VI itself. This is why i am trying to understand the entire process from the moment you double click the exe/VI, what is being loaded, referenced etc 

Your analysis lacks reason.  The problem occurs after you modify the VI, but you believe the source of the problem is not within the VI. 

I suggest evaluating the difference in both the VI and EXE file sizes after the modification is made.  Some smart objects are deceptively large based on functions you may not see or have disabled.  Are you adding an XControl? You can also use Task Manager to see how much memory is used by both applications.  If there is a significant delay before the program executes, then look for the memory to increase slowly before leveling off.

Lastly, are you using property nodes?  You mention the change was a new table.  I've seen code where the table is initialized one cell at a time by 2 embedded for loops and one property node.

Michael Munroe, CLD, CTD, MCP
Automate 1M+ VI Search, Sort and Edit operations with Property Inspector 5.0, now with a new Interactive Window Manager!
Now supports full project automation using one-click custom macros or CLI.
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 16
(672 Views)

@gadget911 wrote:

I guess my confusion is the delay is PRIOR to the actual VI being executed so there is no point in looking within the VI itself.

Every edit will cause a recompile, so it is likely that the problem is there. What is your vi complexity (vi properties...memory). Do you have deeply stacked inlined hierarchies?

We cannot help further without seeing some actual code.

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 16
(668 Views)

In my case, the reason for NI Labview and TestStand SW hanged on deployment PC was that the production computers usualy don't have internet access and NI didn't think about that when making LV or TS.

When you lunch deployment SW on such PC, SW tries to connect to internet to check coupple of thing, like licences etc. This cost time beacouse it doesn't get internet connection and user waits for timeout od all tries to internet access.

The solution for this is to establish appropriate firewal settings so that it emidiatelly ban PC when it tries to connect to internet.

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 16
(368 Views)