LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow editing tip strip

I am adding tip strips for UI controls in LV20 (32-bit) using the Properties > Documentation > Tip strip dialog and I am limited to typing relatively slowly. There is a delay after each keystroke like it is validating something and I can see the busy cursor. If I type in the Description box above it, I see no such delay. Is this a known issue or am I not doing something the right way? I do not remember this being an issue in previous versions.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(801 Views)

I don't see it, I have been using that version since it came out. If you open LabVIEW and create a new VI with a control, does the same happen?

Could there be a plugin that hooks into that field? Just thinking out loud here.

Certified LabVIEW Architect
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(742 Views)

I can only reproduce the issue by loading the block diagram of this particular VI. If I start Labview from scratch and load only the front panel, I have no delay in editing tip strips and everything is fine. As soon as I load the block diagram, however, this behavior changes and editing tip strips becomes sluggish until I close the block diagram. I should note that this VI is complex with several tabs, some plots, some large typedef clusters, and many controls/indicators. If I open a new VI and add some controls on the front panel with the complex VI's block diagram open, I only see the problem for the complex VI and not the new VI.

So, the workaround appears to be editing tip strips with the block diagram closed, but I am still curious about what is going on behind the scene when I edit a tip strip and why it behaves differently from other text fields. This behavior still seems abnormal to me.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(731 Views)