From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow Communication NI DCPower with PXIe-4139

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

after many hours of trial and error with the NI DCPower driver I finally manged to get the functionality I wanted:

With LabVIEW 2014 and the NI DCPower driver I am setting DC current steps in a sequence while measuring the exact current and voltage values set by the PXIe-4139 after each sequence step and fetching the values saved in the buffer (Measure When Property = Automatically after Source Complete).

My problem is that the communication or rather the sequence takes way too much time.

According to the specifications (http://www.ni.com/pdf/manuals/376115e.pdf, page 11/20) the maximum source update rate is 100k per second.

A sequence of 3000 points in my VI (see attachments) takes about 100 seconds.

I am aware that I can quicken the sequence without measuring and fetching the exact output (Measure When Property = On Demand) but then still the sequence takes about 50 seconds.

About 50 seconds for 3000 values means 60 values per second...so how do I tap into the missing 99940 values per second?

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,331 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author B1GB0SS

Update:

I could quicken the source update rate by explicitly setting the source delays for every point of the sequence.

Now I reach the desired source update rate.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,273 Views)