LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slider value corresponding to picture ring control

event structure4.png

Isn't the red circle enclose in a green colour outline box on the right side of the while loop the stop button? If yes, I am suppose to connect it to the event structure but I just can't seem to do so.

Thanks. 

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 22
(685 Views)

Your code does not show a stop button.  So how do you expect to connect it to the event structure?

Are you actually talking about the stop terminal for the while loop?

Is this homework?

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 22
(681 Views)

Oh my bad. So how do you connect the stop terminal for the while loop to the event structure.

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 22
(679 Views)

Under what conditions do you want the loop to stop?

Do you have a stop button you want to press?  Then create a stop button.  Then create a value change event for the stop button and put it inside of that case and wire it through.

Do you want the VI to stop when the picture ring changes?  Then put a True boolean constant in tha event case and wire it through.

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 22
(677 Views)

event structure5.png

This is what I have so far, but the picture ring indicator is not showing me any animation, so what must I do?
As for the slider, I want it to show me the value of 15 for my first animation image and 30 for my second animation image.

So is what I have connected so far correct?

Please correct my mistakes if there are any.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 22
(674 Views)

Can you post our actual VI, preferable in LV 2010 or earlier so I can see how it is behaving.

I think the problem is your picture ring is actually an indicator, and not a control.  So there is no way for the Ring value change to actually occur by way of user interaction.  Try making the ring a control.

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 22
(672 Views)

But if I change the ring to a control, I can't connect it to the Quotient and Remainder which does not allow me to create an animation. Please take a look at the above attachments. It is the VI I am working on.

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 22
(669 Views)

Step back.  What are you really trying to do here?

What should the VI do when it starts?

How do you want the user to stop it?

When do you want the animation to run?

The event structure is primarily designed for handling user GUI events.  How does that relate to how you want this animation to behave?

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 22
(667 Views)

My VI is suppose to have an animation running and I am planning to use the picture ring control to create it and beside the picture ring control is a slider to display a specific value whenever each image of the animation is being shown. For example, when the first image of the animation is being shown, the slider would display the value of 15, 30 for the second image, 45 for the third image and so on so forth till the end of my animation.

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 22
(662 Views)

Then eliminate the event structure.  Use just a basic while loop with a wait function in it to control the speed of the loop.

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 22
(648 Views)