LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slider slider not visible - LabVIEW 2009

Solved!
Go to solution

Just started working with sliders and I can see a fill value but not the slider. If I set the slider red and the fill transparent I see nothing. If I make the fill blue I see blue but no red slider. Probably something small that I am missing...

I am tweaking coils in a filter circuit, where each is tweaked to raise the Q value. So my goal is to have 2 sliders, one that fills to show the current value and a separate slider that gets bumped up to the max value reached and doesn't go back down.

In the attached I have hooked up 5 sliders with different fill types just so I can try to see the slider. If and when that works as I hope I will bundle 2 values for the max and current values.

Thanx,

jvh 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(4,411 Views)
Solution
Accepted by jvh75021

slider.PNG

Sounds like you want to customize how your control looks.  You can change the appearance of any part of a control here is an example.

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(4,400 Views)

Maybe it is not a bug but until I customized the control the slider was not visible at all. Seems that if it can be turned on in the properties, etc it should be visible without having to create a custom control.

jh 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(4,374 Views)
The pointer is deliberately not visible on some of the controls. Instead of customizing one that does not have it visible, start with the Pointer Slide controls.
Message Edited by Dennis Knutson on 02-10-2010 10:37 AM
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(4,363 Views)

Thanks for noticing and replying to my post, even though the solution had been accepted.

I looked at the vertical pointer slide. Its slider looks like a control to me. It is also bullet shaped and  largely outside the fill area. I could cram it into the fill area but I want a rectangular bar to lay on top of the fill or float if the fill drops. Perhaps there is a way to change the bullet shape but it is not making itself apparent to me. 

My solution was use the progress bar, first slider w/ colored fill & transparent slider. Add a 2nd slider, transparent fill and a contrasting slider. The slider had to be filled to make it visible. 

thanx,

jvh 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(4,345 Views)

When editing the control and while in tweezer (blow torch) mode you can right click on the slider and import picture from file clipboard...

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(4,341 Views)

Yup- Pretty small only a pixel high (Made it hard to resize too)

Glad you found a good plan to go forward!

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(4,333 Views)
To find that little hootus I put the slider in customize mode then stretched out the whole thing to about 3 times normal size.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(4,323 Views)
Now I have found Window >> Control Parts. You can scroll thru the list to the slider and then change the size to make it easier to deal with. Default height is 3.
Message 9 of 10
(4,315 Views)

Old post, but I'm having similar problems.  I changed one of the sliders by importing a new image.   When I place the control on a panel, the visibility of the newly added slider seems totally random, or might depend the solar wind intensity in the South Pacific... I can't figure out how to make the sliders I want to show reliably visible.  Any thoughts? thanks, paul

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(2,121 Views)