LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slider increment bug

I've had to fight this bug off a couple times now. If you change certain properties of a slider control after having changed the increment and minor increment properties, the increment properties are lost. I've attached a VI that demonstrates this behavior. In my VI I changed the housing width after changing the increment properties, then read the increment properties again to see that they did not contain the values I had written. In addition to the housing width, I believe this also happens if the maximum or minimum range values  are written after the increments.

If anyone knows any workarounds, let me know. Otherwise, I'll just have to be extra careful to always make changes to the increment properties last.

LabVIEW 2013 SP1

Windows 7 32-bit

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,755 Views)

I can see what you are talking about when I run the VI in LV 2014 SP1.

I'm not sure if it is a bug, or some artifact of the underlying code that controls automatic increment selection as it is affected by the width.

I found that if I run your VI with the Run Continuously button, not only does the slider keeping getting wider, at different widths, the increments periodically change to different values than they first were

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,739 Views)

Hi there,

I saw your code and definitely is not a bug, this behavior is about what the property nodes do.

For example the scale.Increment property node determines the distance between tick marks and the Scale.minor Inc porperty node determines the distance between minor ticks marks. So for your case the max number that you can use in the scale increment property node is set by the maximum number of the range that you set, that in this case is 10 and the minimum number that you can set in the scale.Increment property node is going to depend in the width of the "Slide". and something similar happened with the Scale.minorInc property node. So if increase the width of the "Slide" you will be able to set minor distances between tick marks and minor ticks marks.

So when you increment the width and you put an indicator in Scale.Increment property node and Scale.MinorInc you will see the minimum number that it is posible to set in that width. That is why you are seeing this behavior.

If you want to try you can manually expand or increment the slide by your self and you will see almost the same behavior.

Let me know if this explanation anwered your doubt

Regards

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,649 Views)