LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Skipping the file from mass compiling

Solved!
Go to solution

What could cause the exlusion of the file from being mass compiled?

CompileFile: skipping C:\Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW 8.6\instr.lib\Temptronic TP04300\Examples\TP04300 Poll Temperature.vi
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,369 Views)

Please describe further.  What file?  What process are you referring to?  App builder/installer or the LV environment?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reese, (former CLAD, future CLD)

Some people call me the Space Cowboy!
Some call me the gangster of love.
Some people call me MoReese!
...I'm right here baby, right here, right here, right here at home
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,367 Views)

I'm mass compiling my project.

One of lines is like that.

I'm asking generaly what could be the reason of skipping. What I'm expecting is only 'Bad VI' or 'Compiled'.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,360 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author MimiKLM

That message is given when the file isn't actually a VI, even though it has a .vi extension. Can you actually open that specific file in LabVIEW?

Did you get that instrument driver from the NI Instrument Driver Network? If so, what is the exact link where you downloaded it from?

Message 4 of 6
(2,352 Views)

OK.

There no file at that location.

How I can get know which VIs from my project that VI is called? I'd like to re-link the VI to the proper location.

K.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,346 Views)

Just open your top-level VI. Follow the error messages.

Since it's an example VI it's highly unlikely that any VI is calling it. You probably just have it in your project file and then deleted it from the file system. In this case the project should at least show a "Warning: File missing" next to the name.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,344 Views)