From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sizing of tools and indicators by pixel

Is there any way to set the size of a tool, such as an indicator, as "so many" pixels by "so many" pixels? Or is grabbing it and stretching it with the pointer the only way to resize a tool?
Amateur programmer for over 10 years!
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(2,654 Views)
Create a property node on the block diagram for the indicator. Right click on the property name and select Properties, Bounds, All Elements from the drop down menu. You can also define Position. There are two values under each property. You can do both of them inside a cluster or select individually.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(2,648 Views)
Okay, I did as you said, but it appears the "Bounds" and "Position" properties are outputs only and can't be used to define the properties of my indicators. Am I missing something?
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(2,641 Views)
Right click on them and select Change To Write. You can change them individually or all at once.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(2,638 Views)
I right-clicked on it and the "Change All to Write" option was greyed out.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(2,634 Views)
Bounds is a read only property. Position can be changed. Use the Button Size property. Here is a 7.0 vi.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(2,631 Views)
spif,

In case you're not aware, there's also an easy interactive way to set the height and width of a panel object. You can use the "Resize Objects" menubar ring and choose Set Width and Height... (see attached image)

Regards,
John
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(2,626 Views)
It would be nice to have a menu choice to make contour plot areas actual size. For example I do a lot of work with a 256 x 256 FPA. I would like to drop a contour plot on a front panel and set my x and y axes, then say "actual size" to not have interpolated pixels (IE have the plot area show up as 256 x 256 screen pixels)

The "set width and height" in the resize objects pallet only works with the outside (overall indicator) size, not the plot area. My workaround is to open a temporary VI and create a property node, then wire in 256 for height and width of the plot area and hit run. Then paste the plot into the actual front panel.

Sheldon
Technical geek, engineer, research scientist, biodegradable...
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(2,615 Views)
"Set Height and Width" toolbar. Right there in front of me all this time.

I'm not posting on here anymore. Every time I do it's something stupid and right in front of my face!!! 😞
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(2,610 Views)

@Spaceman spif wrote:
I'm not posting on here anymore. Every time I do it's something stupid and right in front of my face!!! 😞

I hope (and believe) you don't mean that, because some questions you have, which you would think stupid, could be of great help to others. I, for one, almost never use that resizing button, so I constantly forget it's there, and an occasional reminder is a good thing.
My suggestion is that before posting you start by searching LV help (For example, in this case, going to the index and typing siz would tell you to go to resizing, where one of the topics has the answer).
Then, search for the answer (here or on LAVA, for example), or even go back and quickly look through the manual, and if all that doesn't help, then post your question.

(2,599 Views)