From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sizing numerical arrays to other string arrays

Solved!
Go to solution

I want the Voltage a6 a7 columns/array to match the size of all the others for alignment purposes. I have to shrink the text too much to accomplish it. Any ideas?

Capture.JPG

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(1,015 Views)
Solution
Accepted by RHutchings

Replace the numeric element with one from the "Modern" palette. Silver has a lot of border spacing.

Message 2 of 5
(1,011 Views)
Thank you very much.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(1,000 Views)

Unless you really need them, I would also hide the increment/decrement of the "# BYTES" and "RELAY BANK" so all numeric fields have the same height and font size.

Is this really a control where the user can change things or mostly an indicator. As indicator, maybe the entire thing could be done with a table. If some of it should be a control, consider voting for this idea. Now you could make each row a horizontal cluster control (with fields acting as indicators disabled) and make a vertical 1D array of these clusters. 

Message 4 of 5
(972 Views)
Most of this needs to be changed on the fly including Bytes and Relay Bank. Only D2-D3 and Voltages are indicators only.
I would love to change this to a cluster, I already tried it, but there are a lot of behind the scenes reading and writing to Excel. This works for me so I'm not going to rewrite it.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(965 Views)