LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sine wave plotting - issue

Hardware setup :

PCI-6229 in a Windows Desktop running LV2017 and DAQMx18.5.

Channel AI-0 externally linked with AO-0

Generating a 10Hz sinewave at 10kHz rate and 1000 samples. 

AI-0 channel configured for 20kHz rate and 2000 samples ( also tried 1000 samples ) 

The VI snippet is as below. While the 10Hz gets generated it does not get plotted. Maybe there is something wrong with the way I am using the FG express VI ? 

SineWave Plotting.png

Raghunathan
LabVIEW to Automate Hydraulic Test rigs.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(1,084 Views)
  • The xscale multiplier is for all points, and not per point (or per array segment). the chart assumes equal spacing as used here.
  • The xscale multiplier is the time between points, not the time between loop iterations. There are orders of magnitude differences between the two.
  • Clearing the history is typically done by writing an empty array, not an array containing one element of zero.
  • You chart history is only 2000 point (0.1 or 0.2 seconds), so setting the max at 10 seconds seems odd.

Sorry, I cannot test because I don't have your hardware or any DAQmx installed. Can you create a pure simulation for testing to show the point you are trying to make.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(1,037 Views)

Apologies for this late a reply.  For some odd reason I don't get Notification on my posts from the forum and today I checked to see if there is any. 

I have been trying various troubleshooting methods and one is this : Disconnected the AO0 output from the AI0 input and instead fed a 10Hz sine wave from an external Function generator. The Plotting was happening as expected.  But when I try the same by looping the AO0 to AI0 via the terminal board I just get some spaced out spikes.  See the pics attached. 

With External FG FeedWith External FG FeedWith Feed from AO0With Feed from AO0

I am now not sure if the AO0 can feed the AI0 of the same board ?/ 

Thanks so much for the points on the X-Axis markers and spacing. I just have one query - the chart history talks about "points" . What exactly is a point ? Is it a single point on the plot irrespective of the data type that creates the point ? 

Raghunathan
LabVIEW to Automate Hydraulic Test rigs.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(975 Views)