LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sine Wave generator in FPGA not working

Hi,

I am trying to generate a sine wave signal and convert it to +/- 1.57 fixed point this is further used in Servo motor control so that i dont have to move the motor manually. But it seems I cannot get it working in FPGA while it works on outside VI. Guys please help me. My project is stuck and My deadline are quite near.

Here are the images I am using

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,895 Views)

Nickksh,

Can you please explain what you mean by not working?  What FPGA target are you running on? Are you not able to compile and run your VI or are you not getting the output values you are expecting?

If it is the latter, how are you running your tests and what outputs are you expecting?

If at all possible, can you attach your project or the VI you are working out of?

Matt J | National Instruments | CLA
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,818 Views)

well i am trying it to run on SbRIO 9631. Basically I am implementing everything in FPGA and use that instead of starterkit host VIs available. When I am using the sinewave generator and checking the output its always zero. I checked the frequency and calculated the amplitude corrctly. Still the output value remains 0. Also I am using RT target as well as Simulation.

Please check the VI and  last night I also changed some bits to experiments if u find somethings different. Thanks for checking

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,765 Views)

Hi Nickksh, 

Would you be able to upload your entire project as I'm unable to run this VI with project files missing. I can then go about some troubleshooting. 

Kind regards

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,662 Views)

Hi nickksh,

Check the direct output of the "sine wave generator.vi" before the FXP conversion, it is probably a I16 type. If the integer value is right, you are probably doing something wrong in the fixed point conversion. Your "Read Check" has a red dot, meaning some type conversion is being made automatically by LabVIEW.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,636 Views)