cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simultaneously Read Analog Voltage and Termocouple

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

My current VI is reading in thermocouples data and generating an excel report, as well as outputting a digital signal. I was asked to read in a voltage at the beginning of the test, and a voltage from a current probe while simultaneously reading in the thermocouple data. It sounded simple enough, but I haven't successfully added this feature to the VI. I either get a resource error or the data acquisition become entirely too slow to be useful. I'm using two NI 9211 cards to acquire the thermocouple voltage and a NI 9219 to acquire the analog voltage. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I may be doing wrong or a suggestion of a solution?

I've attached a screen shot of the code where I'm acquiring data, as well as a copy of the VI. Sorry it may look a little messy. It has been a growing project and a compilation of a few different codes. 

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,372 Views)

Can you start from a fresh VI and program what you want to achieve? We can then understand the issue properly and help you with issues.

Adnan Zafar
Certified LabVIEW Architect
Coleman Technologies
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,367 Views)

I've attached a much more simplified version of my vi. The main problem is when I add the read voltage channel to the vi the sample rate goes way down to about 2 S/s. Even though the NI 9219 has a sample rate of 100 S/s.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,361 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author ee_hokie

I figured out that I was simply missing the DAQmx timing VI and creating a simple timing clock.

Solution.JPG

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,317 Views)