LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simultaneous waveform fetch from multiple channels in DPO 7104

Solved!
Go to solution

I am trying to fetch the same signal on two channels to see if there's a timing difference between two channels of the scope, using the NI driver function:

"tkdpo7k Read (Multiple Waveforms).vi". However this VI seems to fetch waveforms fomr channels sequentially rather than simultaneously, resulting in a time delayed version of the same signal on one channel vs. the other one.

I was wondering if there may e another function to acquire waveforms on two channels simultaneously, tried using two instances of "tkdpo7k Read (Single Waveform).vi", in Labview, but still, they do not run at the same time.

Help anyone?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 16
(3,488 Views)
The very nature of these types of instrument require a sequential waveform transfer. However, if you have done the setup correctly, the scope will have acquired them simultaneously and the sequential transfer is totally irrelevant.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 16
(3,483 Views)

Can you please tell me which setup parameter needs to be modified to make that happen? The two channels seem to be captured simultaneously on scope display, but in Labview they seem to be not in sync.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 16
(3,481 Views)

If the scope is capturing them, then it is probably setup correctly. You have not supplied any images or your code that describes what you mean by 'not in 'sync'.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 16
(3,473 Views)

Here's the same signal on two channels....

signals.JPG

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 16
(3,468 Views)

This is from the unmodified example called Tektronix 7000 Series Acquire Multiple Waveform?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 16
(3,457 Views)

untitled.JPG

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 16
(3,456 Views)

Yes, code attached.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 16
(3,454 Views)

You did not attach any code - an image is not the same thing and that was not my question. I asked if you were using the top level example program that I mentioned.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 16
(3,451 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Roxanne

Yes, I am using the example vi (tkdpo7k\tkdpo7k.llb\tkdpo7k Acquire Multiple Waveform Example.vi) from tkdpo7k.llb driver downloaded from NI webiste, which calls "acquire multiple waveforms).

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 16
(3,448 Views)