cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simultaneous AI and AO and plotting

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi

I need to simultaneously generate as well as record the input for an analog voltage task. I used the Multi-Function-Synch-AI-AO-Same Clock.vi available in the Labview examples. I could read only the analog input signal but could not read the voltage I output, I need this information as i want to compare the two signals for temporal variation and amplitude reductions that occurs between the output and the input. 

As a next step I would like to add 3 channels(as against a single in the above case and use 3 waveforms i generate) on the same board for Analog output 6259 and 3 channels on another board 6221 for analog input, and compare the inputs and outputs.

Would like some advice/guidance.

Regards

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,328 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author cquark

I don't quite understand 'I could read only the analog input signal but could not read the voltage I output'. Typically, the way to read the analog output is to connect it back to an analog input so since you can read the inputs, you need to add the loopback channels.

Adding channels to an existing task is just a matter of specifying them in the physical channel control or DAQ Assistant. You would use a separate task for the other board. There are mulit-device examples that you can look at.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,323 Views)