LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simulation of ADC used in measurements

Hi all

Need suggestions I wanted to check the simulation for voltage ADC which is used in high precision and accurate value. I am using maximum 10 v, need to know simple schematic on which I can run and test the simulation ?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,355 Views)

Ideal ADC returns quantized values that you can normally simulate with integer numbers. For example a two's complement 16 bit ADC can be simulated using I16 values in LabVIEW. However this will only show the effect of quantization, is that enough for you.

Depending on how accurate a model you want to create you need to  know the exact behavior of your ADC, that is parameters like Integral/Differential Non Linearity (INL and DNL) and other physical characteristics like DC-Offset, noise level...

What is it you try to achieve? How many bits do you have? Is an ideal ADC model enough for you?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,321 Views)

I'm confused by the words "simulation" (which suggests, to me, a computer model of a device) and "schematic" (which suggests, to me, physical hardware and using computer to measure the resulting data).  Can you describe a bit more clearly what you want to do?  Feel free to describe not only one Voltage number, but a voltage range and some idea of sampling frequency, number of points, etc.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,307 Views)