LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simulating the complete cRIO FPGA and RTOS

I would like to know how I can simulate my cRIO.  It would be nice to be able to make changes to the code without the device present.

So far this is what I have done: I have setup a RT Desktop to simulate the cRIO RT controller.  I finally got that working, but when I try to reference the FPGA in the controller vi, I get a FPGA reference error.  Even in FPGA emulation mode, I cannot simulate the FPGA.

How do I simulate the FPGA?  I know that I can emulate it when the cRIO is present, but how do I emulate it with no cRIO present?

Thanks
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,303 Views)
Hi Dan,

You can do off-line development with FPGA targets.  This allows you to configure your FPGA resources (such as cRIO modules, I/O nodes, memory, and fifos), build your FPGA VI, create a host interface, and compile it.  However, you still need an FPGA target to run the FPGA VI with a host interface, just like you need a PC running LabVIEW Real-Time to simulate the cRIO controller.  If you want to run the FPGA VI on it's own (i.e. not with an interface VI) in emulation mode using simulated I/O, you can run that VI on a Windows PC.  Obviously, you are waiting for your cRIO hardware, but another alternative would be to order one of the PCI R Series devices for use in your PC system.

Thanks...
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,295 Views)