From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simulating Photopolymerisation in DLP printing

Hi, 

I wanted to simulate the photopolymerisation (light assisted crosslinking) that occurs in DLP 3D printing process. I saw that in a previous work this has been done. (https://www.researchgate.net/publication/320449005_Mitigation_and_control_of_the_overcuring_effect_i...

However, since I am new to labview, I am not able to understand how they have done this or which tool is used here.

I have the equations that show the light energy reaching each point in a 2d object. The light is exposed multiple times. So, the software needs to calculate the sum of energy for all exposures and show the result as a 2d image with colours indicating the total energy. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(1,748 Views)

I have not read the paper, but for 3D printing you have a volume, probably approximated by a 3D array. (This can get memory intensive!). Keep that 3D array in a shift register and sum all projections. ("nearest" interpolation is probably sufficient).

Of course you can simplify it by only doing a single plane, which would give you a 2D image of "counts".

(Decades ago, one of the LabVIEW shipping examples was a tomography simulation that did a similar thing)

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(1,720 Views)