LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simulating Photopolymerisation in DLP printing

Hi, 

I wanted to simulate the photopolymerisation (light assisted crosslinking) that occurs in DLP 3D printing process. I saw that in a previous work this has been done. (https://www.researchgate.net/publication/320449005_Mitigation_and_control_of_the_overcuring_effect_i...

However, since I am new to labview, I am not able to understand how they have done this or which tool is used here.

I have the equations that show the light energy reaching each point in a 2d object. The light is exposed multiple times. So, the software needs to calculate the sum of energy for all exposures and show the result as a 2d image with colours indicating the total energy. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(1,760 Views)

I have not read the paper, but for 3D printing you have a volume, probably approximated by a 3D array. (This can get memory intensive!). Keep that 3D array in a shift register and sum all projections. ("nearest" interpolation is probably sufficient).

Of course you can simplify it by only doing a single plane, which would give you a 2D image of "counts".

(Decades ago, one of the LabVIEW shipping examples was a tomography simulation that did a similar thing)

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(1,732 Views)