LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simulated input to simulated counter

Hi,

I'm trying to measure the time it takes for a counter to count 48 pulses.  I want to validate my code, but I can't figure out how to have the simulated PXIe-6363 simulated pulses into the counter.  With other instruments there are arbitrary sine and square waves that will appear on your simulated device.  I don't have access to the hardware otherwise I would just input actual pulses into the instrument.

Thanks for any help.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,324 Views)

Hi Newtoit,

I highly recommend you take a look a couple example VIs. Specifically, the Count Edges (Continuous Clock).vi and any of the the analog output tasks such as Voltage - Continuous Output.vi to create your sign or square wave.the - Pulse Width Counter.vi - that you provided doesn't have any outputs for the counter task to read in. You should create a separate task to output your wave signal. The only other thing you need to do to connect them is to route the output terminal to the input terminal. Since you are simulating your device you will need to route them internally. This can be done by looking up the device pinouts (right click on the simulated device in NI Max) then use the DAQmx export signal and property nodes to help you route internally. This may be of help in terms of routing: https://knowledge.ni.com/KnowledgeArticleDetails?id=kA00Z000000PAmVSAW&l=en-US

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,275 Views)