cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simulate the opening and closing of a solenoid valvve during every second

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi all, i hope that you are ok.

I would like to simulate the operation of a solenoid valve on labview. My question is this: how to simulate on labview, the opening and closing of a solenoid valve during every second ? I am new to the software labview so i don't know how to do it yet. If you have any explanation for me how to do this program, i will be grateful to you.

Best regards,

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 26
(1,279 Views)

What exactly do you mean by simulate?  Do you have any valve?  Do you have any digital output card to drive a valve?

If you have none of those, you can put an LED indicator on your front panel to be On or Off that "simulates" a  valve being open or closed.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 26
(1,239 Views)

RavensFan, thank you for your reply. 

I don't have any valve to simulate but i have a card DAQ NI with analog outputs. I have already managed to do the test with a led and it works well. A screenshot of my program is attached. 

Now, i want to simulate with the DAQ card by introducing a DAQ assistant in my programm. Do you think this is feasable ? If yes, do you have any idea how to add it to my programm ?

THank you in advance,

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 26
(1,234 Views)

Well I would avoid the DAQ Assistant and use real DAQmx functions.  And if you look in Help >> Find Examples, you'll find dozens of examples on how to do all kinds of DAQmx programming.  Look for one related to digital output.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 26
(1,222 Views)

RevensFan,

I have tried several times to make the program with a digital DAQmx but can not do it. I don't quit understand how this can work. Can you show me an example program that can help me please ?

Best regards

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 26
(1,203 Views)

No I can't provide an example, especially when I already said where you can find examples.

But you can provide your attempt and tell us in what way it is not working for you,  Then we can point out what the problem is.  That way you can learn from your mistakes rather than be given an answer.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 26
(1,198 Views)

@RavensFan wrote:

No I can't provide an example, especially when I already said where you can find examples.

But you can provide your attempt and tell us in what way it is not working for you,  Then we can point out what the problem is.  That way you can learn from your mistakes rather than be given an answer.

Actually,  RavensFan, myself and many others have a lot of experience with DAQmx .

You don't....and this sounds like a homework assignment that you have left to the last minute. 

We have the dimpomas (I certainly have more degrees than the Kelvin scale!) But, show us what you have tried And we could mentor you. 

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 26
(1,190 Views)

It isn't just a homework assignment and i am not last minute either. I am trained to work on a very serious project. 

In my programm that i had attached, i want to insert a digital output DAQmx then conect my led to this output. I want the output of DAQmx to switch between 0 and 5V to turn the led on and off every second.

As i told you before, i am a beginner in labview so i have no idea how to do this program. I will work on it and get back to you if have any ideas.

I apologize for my english, i am not an english speaker.

Best regards,

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 26
(1,175 Views)

You didn't attach a program.  You attached a picture.  And it didn't show any attempt at using DAQmx functions.

Please attach the actual program.  That would be a file with a .vi extension.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 26
(1,167 Views)

@drsisco wrote:

It isn't just a homework assignment and i am not last minute either. I am trained to work on a very serious project. 

In my programm that i had attached, i want to insert a digital output DAQmx then conect my led to this output. I want the output of DAQmx to switch between 0 and 5V to turn the led on and off every second.

As i told you before, i am a beginner in labview so i have no idea how to do this program. I will work on it and get back to you if have any ideas.

I apologize for my english, i am not an english speaker.

Best regards,

No, you attached a picture of some of your code.  The file has very little information about the hardware that you have. 

Trained?  Seriously,  if you have training you would understand that the type of solenoid would be important information!  Solenoid activation involves moving a mass.  Generally speaking,  you don't want to do that as fast as 1Hz! And, you will need a bit more power than 25mW to move a solenoid @that speed!

So, a cheap DO line isn't enough power and a relay solution won't last long (@1million cycles for a good relay ...at 84600 sec/day that is about 20 weeks)

Back to the drawing board!  What work needs to be done?  Divide by how fast and get your power needs (don't forget to divide by efficiency)  then ask a serious question. 

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 26
(1,165 Views)