LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simulate an inductive current signal to be read with a Rigol Oscilloscope

Hi everybody

A company gave me the opportunity to work with them, but they ask me I have to use LabView and this is the  first time for me.

I have to simulate a current signal which is generated by a rotating permanent magnet, and compare it with a real test.

The real current signal must be read by a Rigol Oscilloscope, and then I have to sample the magnets with the relation between current and magnetism.

This is what I think to do:

1) Simulate a current signal with the Lenz law.

2) Realize an executable to use apart from LabView in order to read the real osciloscope's data

I have already read something about how to start with Labview, but i hope someone can help me, redirecting me to a specific topic or similar.

Please help Robot Embarassed

Best regard Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,745 Views)
I don't understand why you think you need an exe to read from the scope. There are various drivers for Rigol instruments. Use Help> Find Instrument Drivers to see if there is one for your model. At http://www.ni.com/downloads/instrument-drivers/ you will find instructions on what a driver is and how to use one. There are also numerous free tutorials on LabVIEW itself.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,724 Views)

of course, we'll use an oscilloscope and i found drivers for it. But I'm working on a licence provided by University, because the company have not intention to buy it. For this I need to extract an executable. 

Thanks for every other explanation.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,690 Views)
Sounds pretty shaky from a legal standpoint if you are using an academic license to develop commercial code. I don't know who's worse, the university or the company. If I had known this at the beginning, I wouldn't have helped.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,654 Views)

I don't know if there is something wrong using accademy licence for a commercial use. What I know is simply that a company, where I'm developing my thesys, is working with my university for a research. That's all.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,632 Views)