From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simulate Arbitrary Signal express vi

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I am using the Simulate Arbitrary Signal express vi. Now it does not work anymore because i think that i changed something in the front panel of the express vi. When i use the highlight mode, a green arrow appears and it block gives no value. Is it possible that i can open the original express vi somewhere? I already tried to delete the express vi and put in a new one. This does not make a difference. 

I am btw quite new with LabVIEW.

With kind regards,

Willem

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 27
(2,915 Views)

The green arrow means that the vi that has the green arrow is executing. If it never comes out of that vi then something is wrong.

Post your code and we can take a look at it.

Tim
GHSP
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 27
(2,911 Views)

You can ignore all the other stuff, everything is working properly, except for the express vi. 

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 27
(2,896 Views)

This program runs on my system. Are you checking to see if you are getting errors anywhere? Turn on the light bulb at the top of the block diagram and watch your program execute. This should help fine the problem.

Tim
GHSP
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 27
(2,882 Views)

I have already tried that but the express vi gives no value as you can see in the picture. Also the lines out of the express vi are gray, what does that mean?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 27
(2,874 Views)

Also having a loop inside of a loop is not a good programming practice. In your case it is unnecessary.

Tim
GHSP
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 27
(2,874 Views)

I do not see a picture

Tim
GHSP
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 27
(2,871 Views)

So i have to remove the inner loop right? 

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 27
(2,869 Views)

Hmm strange, does it work this time?

WillemNL_0-1582810760088.png

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 27
(2,866 Views)

It should look something like this.

Example.png

Tim