From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simple image capture and analysis - what licence is needed

Hi all,

My problem is a simple one, I want to acquire images from a mono USB camera in real time, plot the intensity for a given row of pixels and fit a gaussian to it. In a previous life I have done exactly this but my problem is one of licences and poor product information!

I believe that I need the NI-IMAQ packages, for which I need a suitable licence. Can anyone recommend the cheapest way for me to do this (I already have a 2021 licence)?

Sorry for such a mundane question but I have already phoned the 'Purchase and Quote' phone number where I was told to speak to my local 'distributor' who also has no clue and they cannot seem to get an answer from NI themselves....

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(604 Views)

You'll be able to capture images with VAS (Vision Acquisition Software). The license is the same for development and deployment and was ~$500 last time I checked.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(583 Views)

To my surprise, there are three NI Vision-related Software products.  Here is a recently-updated reference ... 

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(573 Views)